May 18 @ 8:00 pm
- 3-time Austin Music Award winners
- Served as Prince’s backing band for several large televised events including the Golden Globes and CBS’ Super Bowl Bash
- Collaborated with a diverse array of musical luminaries from GZA (Wu-Tang Clan), to Maceo Parker to Spoon
- Appeared on Ozzy Osbourne’s ‘Ozzy and Jack’s World Detour’ on A&E (November 2017), on which Ozzy says “THEY’RE FUCKING AWESOME!!”
- NPR recently called them ‘The Keepers of Latin Funk’
- Will appear on NPR’s Tiny Desk, fall 2018
A 9-piece outfit formed in 2003 by members of Grammy Award-winning Latin orchestra Grupo Fantasma,
Brownout has evolved into a musical force all its own. After garnering multiple Austin Music Awards, the band
has continued to produce music that is unflinchingly progressive, while evoking the classic influences of artists
such as WAR, Cymande and Funkadelic. They’ve performed at events including Bonnaroo, High Sierra Music Festival,
Pickathon, FFFFest, Bear Creek Music Festival, Utopia Festival and Pachanga Fest, while regularly touring the U.S.
Brownout has also served as a highly in-demand backing band for artists including Prince, Daniel Johnston, GZA and Bernie Worrell.